Today is the day... Am I ready for it?
Yes. Well maybe. Ugh. I don't know. I hope so. I really, really hope so.
When I cross the Iowa state line, I'm not turning around and coming "home."
This is home.
I got everything on my to-do list accomplished even this:
12. Say a few goodbyes.
The hardest one. The one thing that I avoided like the plague. I hate goodbyes. I hate sad things. I hate getting emotional (though I do it all too often). I hate it. I'm pretty sure I said "see ya later" quite a few times.
Regardless of the emotions, the tears, and every thought that has crossed my mind since saying "I accept the offer!", I'm excited to start this brand new chapter. I know it will be filled with a new career, a new city, new friends...
...and date nights with this guy now that we will both call Iowa home.
Don't be fooled though, I'll always be an Indiana girl. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment